Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dr Chee Soo Juan is a disgrace because of him Singaporeans have to vote for the PAP.

From: "truth"

Subject: Re: Dr Chee Soo Juan ... is a disgrace ...because of people like him, Singaporeans have not choice but to vote for the PAP.

So if a family member lose $billions it is ok.
But if an opposition member take even $1 by mistake
it is a major crime. Wow who invented this kind of
judicial system ?

"AleXX" wrote in message

> While he was still a lecturer, CSJ used his office postage stamp to post
> his private letter. He stole a 22 cent stamp and this is a very serious
> offence in the eye of his superior and the government then. He also used a
> few dollars of his office petty cash for his taxi fare. Under the
> respectful eyes of LKY, his daughter-in-law can screwed up S$40 billion
> through Temasek and GICs, and to LKY this is peanuts. But CSJ's siphoning
> off a few dollars of his official money was an unpardonable crime.

> "truth" wrote in message
>> Pls tell us what are the lies that CSJ told.
>> What are his bad characters ?

>> "baldeagle" wrote in message
>> Observer wrote:

>>> Too much detail.
>>> When someone's made the decision to lie, they will work out many
>>> details of their story. Many times, there will be incredible detail
>>> with their story, but if you quiz them, there will always be some
>>> discrepancies. Wait a few hours and then ask for some detail again.

>> Yes. CSJ is a liar, a cheat and a bad character.
>> He does not have the character nor the ability
>> to be a leader of Singapore.

>> In fact, he is a disgrace....to the human kind.
>> Because of people like him, Singaporeans have
>> not choice ... but to vote for the PAP.

>> Fortunately, now there are better people who
>> have come forward...people like Mad Cow...who will
>> give Singaporean voters a real choice.... give
>> Singaporean voters a chance to change the leaders
>> in Singapore ....to the better.
----------------------------------------------------
Chee Soon Juan wrote:

Lianhe Zaobao reporter Ms Yew Tun Lian recently conducted an interview
with me in which she described my answers to her questions as evasive. I was
alerted to her recent Facebook posting in which she continues to insist that
she had not misrepresented me.

I had fielded several questions in the hour-long interview with her
during which I was asked about the SDP's development, the schism with Mr
Chiam See Tong, and the upcoming elections.

While I readily answered these questions, I was less willing to talk
about my personal affairs such as the kind of flat that I lived in as well
as my personal income.

I hesitated when Ms Yew asked me those questions not because I had
something to hide but because they were intrusive (in her own words "rude").
But she chose to put the worst possible spin on my response, that is, that I
was evasive. For obvious reasons, the Straits Times ran a report on this
part of that interview, highlighting Ms Yew's point.

In the context of her report, the implication was that I was being
funded by a foreign agent to work against Singapore. This is not surprising
because her colleagues at the Singapore Press Holdings have time and again
used this line against me.

I work hard - very hard - for the little money that I earn through my
writing. I chose, a long time ago, to marry my writing with my political
work. It is impossible to carry on a full-time job as a neuropsychologist
and do what I am currently doing in politics.

Yes, I could have had a successful career if I had concentrated on
building up my practice. But I decided against it because there was
something more urgent that called to me.

It was a difficult decision to make, but my wife gave me her support,
and I took that fateful step of immersing myself in political work.

To be certain, it has been a struggle financially. We live in a
three-room flat. We don't go overseas for costly holidays, and we don't buy
each other expensive gifts. We eat simple meals and don't dine in fine
restaurants. I don't play golf or indulge in expensive hobbies, my only
recreation is my morning jogs.

But I don't feel deprived. On the contrary, I thank God everyday that
he has blessed me with such a wonderful wife and three lovely children who
mean the world to me. I feel like the richest man on earth.

I hestitated to tell Ms Yew these details because they were personal.
The fact that she works for my political opponents who never felt any
compunction in ruining my life and career makes it even harder to talk to
her about such personal matters.

It is certainly not that I was evading her questions because I am
being paid by a foreigner to ruin Singapore. Think about it: Who would want
to pay me to ruin what?

And if I am indeed on the payroll of some foreign agent, I would have
been living much more handsomely than I am now. As it is, I have been made a
bankrupt, I cannot travel overseas, I keep going in and out of prison, and I
am barred from standing for elections.

But don't get me wrong. I do not complain and I am not the slightest
bit bitter. I do what I do with my eyes open and with the gratitude -
gratitude because I am able to cast aside my fears and speak truth to power,
and gratitude because I have the honour of working with some very courageous
men and women in the SDP.

I willingly live the kind of life that I do because I believe that
Singapore and Singaporeans are worth fighting for.

I don't need anyone, foreign or local, to tell me what to do. This is
why I find Ms Yew's insinuation that I am bankrolled by some foreign force
so beyond the pale.

But I have come to expect this from the state-controlled press through
the years. It is nothing new. My opponents have called me a gangster, a
psychopath and now a traitor.

These words don't bother me, because I know who I am and what I
believe in. And I believe in Singapore. I believe in a free and just
Singapore that is yet to come.

I will not submit nor will I run away. I will stay, because I love my
country and I will fight because I want to empower my fellow Singaporeans so
that, one day, we can walk tall again and be full citizens of a truly
democratic country.

No comments:

Post a Comment